- 2 lbs. cubed chicken
- 2 small cans red curry paste
- 1 Lemongrass stalk
- 1/4th C. Lime Juice
- 2 tsp. Cilantro, minced
- 2 Cans Coconut Cream (Coconut Milk with at least 70% coconut)
- 4 large potatoes, cubed (not peeled)
- 2 baby bok choys, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup of random veggies (snow peas, bell peppers, squash, pumpkin)
In a large frying pan or pot, on medium heat heat curry paste, lemongrass, fish sauce and onions together for 1 or 2 minutes (do not burn!) Add lime juice, coconut cream, cilantro, potatoes, other veggies and chicken. Do not add the tomatoes or bok choy yet. The tomatoes will slow the softening of the potatoes.
Cook on low heat, simmering covered for about 30 minutes. Add tomatoes and bok choy. Cook for ten more minutes.
The secret to good curry is balancing the heat with the sour, sweet, and salty. Try your sauce before you add your chicken and veggies.. to make sure its got the balance you like.
Serve over rice.