I did not get a picture of this after it came out of the oven, such a shame. Sometimes I forget! Either way, this recipe is delicious. Make sure you check the ingredients on your pork rinds if you are trying to stay Paleo. Not all pork rinds are what they say they are!
- 1-2lb.s Chicken Tenders
- 5 slices, thick cut ham, sliced into chicken tender sized strips.
- 1 small bag, pork rinds, crushed into crumbs
- 16 ounces of white cheese (mozzarella, swiss, etc) Sliced or shredded.
- 1/2 C. Tapioca Flour/Arrowroot Flour/Corn Starch (depending on your diet!)
- 1 T. Coconut or Almond flour
- 4 Eggs, whisked
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 T. Parsley Flakes
Gather three small bowls. Add Pork Rind Crumbs,Coconut/Almond Flour, parsley flakes, salt and pepper in one. Whisked Eggs in one. Tapioca Flour/ArrowRoot Flour or Corn starch in the last one.
Start an assembly line. Dip chicken into the Corn Starch bowl, then into the whisked eggs, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Completely covering with each step. Place on sprayed cookie sheet, and bake for 30-40 minutes in an oven @ 350 Degrees. Once the chicken tenders are crispy, Take them out of the oven.. Layer Ham, and then cheese on top. Throw back into the oven, for about 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.