- 2 Milk Chocolate Bars (Can use chocolate squares, circles, stars, or Hershey kisses.)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (1/3 C. Separated)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll into extra sugar… place onto a greased baking sheet or with a silpat. Bake 8 minutes. Immediately press a piece of chocolate into center of each. Bake 2 more minutes.
Cool completely. Makes about 30 cookies.