- 2 C. Rolled Oats (old fashioned)
- ½ C. sliced or chopped Almonds (or pecans, or walnuts or a mixture of all three.)
- ¼ Sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds, or any seed you like)
- 2 T. Maple Syrup (if using sugar free, make it 1 1/2 T. It’s a little more wet than regular)
- 1 T. Honey
- 2 T. Oil (Coconut oil would be perfect, any healthy oil is fine except don’t use olive oil, or flaxseed oil.)
- ¼ t. Vanilla or Almond Extract
- 1 t. Salt
- Optional: 1/2 C. Brown sugar, Coconut flakes, dried frut.. etc. Your choice!
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Mix with your hands until well coated. If using coconut oil, the oil will melt from the warmth of your hand as you mix together. Don’t add more liquid, just keep mixing, it will eventually be all… wet. Spread mixture on a baking sheet in a thin layer, and bake until toasted. About 15 minutes. Sometimes it takes longer.. I have actually baked this for an hour before. It completely depends on the ingredients and oil you chose. Don’t over cook. If using coconut flakes in the mixture.. sprinkled on the last 3 minutes of baking. Coconut will easily burn. You can also just mix it in after the granola is done toasting. Serve over Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit!