- 1 lb. Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 – 8 ounce containers of Chicken Stock (NOT BROTH, makes a difference.)
- 1 Pint Container of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Medium Turnips, peeled and cubed (if not watching carbs, use potatoes)
- 1 quart of water
- 1 bunch of Kale (about 4 Cups)
- 4 Slices of Bacon, fried crispy, and crumbled (Optional)
In a large soup pot, brown Italian Sausage, Garlic and Onion together with Olive Oil.
Drain, and throw back into the pot.
Add turnips (potatoes), water and broth. Cook on medium for 30 minutes, until turnips are tender. Add Whipping Cream, Bacon(if used), and Kale.
Simmer on low for 30 more minutes.